-In order to increase the visibility, impact, and internationalization of the Ingeniería journal may include a maximum of 20% of articles by authors with institutional affiliation (i.e., authors from the Universidad Distrital Francisco José de Caldas). Additionally, starting with the 2023 editions, articles by the same author or co-author will not be published in consecutive editions of the journal.
TYPES OF PAPERS
Papers published in INGENIERIA Journal are classified according to the nature of the new knowledge it reports, as follows:
- Scientific and technological research manuscript: Document that presents, in a detailed manner, the original results of research projects. The generally used structure contains four main parts: introduction, methodology, results and conclusions. These are papers that address a question about a theoretical or applied disciplinary aspect, usually through a scientific study of the behavior of a phenomenon or a situation under certain control conditions.
- Reflection manuscript: document that presents research results from an analytic, interpretative or critic perspective from the author, dealing with a specific topic and adopting original sources.
- Review manuscript: document that results from a research where the results of published or unpublished research on a science or technology field are analyzed, systematized and integrated, in order to state the advances and tendencies in development. It is characterized for presenting a careful bibliographical review of at least 50 references These are papers that present critical, systematic, delimited and exhaustive analyzes on the progress, trends, positive and negative results, gaps and future research routes found in the current state of the art or technique.
- Editorials, Letters to the Editor, Guest manuscript: These are the only contributions that do not report new knowledge, but discuss topics of interest for the Journal, for its editorial line or for its community, with an informed opinion style.
Cover letter and originality statement: a template can be downloaded from: Word Format LaTeX Template
-According to the Article Submission Template, the first page of the manuscript should include the title of the article in both languages (Spanish and English), full names of the authors, institutional affiliation, city, country, and email address (preferably institutional).
-Papers should be written on standard letter size (21.59 cm × 27.94 cm), on one side, a single column, single spaced. The font is Times New Roman or Calibri size 10. Paragraphs begin in the first line indented 0.3 cm. The following sections should be included:
-The Title should not be more than 20 words and must not include abbreviations, parentheses, formulas, abbreviations or non-alphabetical characters.
-The Abstract must be no longer than 300 words. It should not contain abbreviations or references, or unknown characters. It must be an structured abstract.
-Keywords should comprise a maximum of six words as different as possible from those in the title; they should reflect the content of the article and be appropriate for search engines; it is recommended to use thesauri of engineering terms. They should be sorted alphabetically.
-The equations within a paper must be numbered in order of appearance. The equation number is enclosed in parentheses and aligned to the right margin of the page while the equation is centered.
-All illustrations, charts, drawings, pictures, etc., should be called figures. The figures are numbered in order of appearance in the text of the paper with Arabic numerals, e.g. Figure 5.
-All figures should have an explanatory caption. The caption should be aligned to the right and left margins, except when it is no longer than one line. The word "Figure," the number, and the caption should be below the figure in 8-point Calibri; both the word “Figure” and the number should be also in bold. Do not include the caption within the graph or image; it should below the figure.
-Tables are numbered consecutively as they appear in the text of the manuscript. Tables are identified with the vocable “Table” (with the first letter capitalised) followed by a Roman ordinal (both in bold); e.g. "Table VII" and should be centered on a line on top of the table.
-Systems of units to be used must be MKS or CGS but avoid mixing the two systems. The symbol separating the integer part of the decimal part in a decimal number is the dot “.”. Commas “,” should be used as thousand separators.
-The journal uses citation and bibliographical references using the IEEE standard. References should be numbered in the order that they appear in the text, that is, the first cited reference in the text is the first entry in the bibliography and so on. The font type of the bibliography is Calibri size 8.
-The number of articles for each of the editions corresponds to the editorial flow of the Journal.
Indications for the citation of authors:
Initials and last name of the autor, “Title of the article between quotation marks", Name of the journal in italics, volume (abbreviated vol.), number (abbreviated no.), pages (abbreviated pp.), Month Year of publication. DOI.
-Initials of the names of the authors (maximum two initials)
-First Surname of the authors (only one surname)
Only one Author:
D. Carbonel, “Cadmium, Copper and Lead Adsorption on Natural and Modified Bentonite, Kaolin and Zeolite: A Review of Process Parameters, Isotherms and Kinetics”,Ing, vol. 23, no.3, pp. 252-273, Sep – Dic 2018. https://doi.org/10.14483/23448393.13418
D.F. Batero, J. A. Orjuela, “Inventory Routing Problem in Perishable Supply Chains: A Literature Review”, Ing, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 117-143, May – Ago 2018. https://doi.org/10.14483/23448393.12691
For further information, please see the Article Submission Template of INGENIERÍA Journal:
Word Templete Latex Templete
- If accepted for publication, the authors must agree with and submit a copyright form that transfers rights for publication. This form can be downloaded from: PDF Format, Word Format.
Here authors can find a checklist with the requirements during the submission process. Checklist
- Recommended paper length is ten (10) pages. If authors require more pages, they should inform the Editor in advance during the submission process.
- The result of the review process and the reviewer’s comments would be notified to the authors through the OJS platform and by email to the correspondence author. The result can be “Major correction”, “Minor corrections” or “Rejected”. When corrections are required, authors should resubmit a corrected anonymous manuscript and a companion document explaining the changes made is reply to what comments. Usually, a submitted manuscript would undertake at least two rounds of review.
- When a submission does not meet the conditions defined for the journal, the Editorial Committee may decide not to publish it. In this case, the authors will be notified of the decision within two (2) weeks from the date of submission.
COPYRIGHT AND PUBLISHING COSTS
The articles included from the last edition of the year 2018 forward are covered under the following Creative Commons license:
Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share the same: this license allows others to distribute, remix, retouch, and create from your work in a non-commercial way, as long as they give you credit and license their new creations under the same conditions.
No publication costs are charged to the author or author’s institutions, nor any payment are made to expert peer reviewers or associated or adjunct editors. INGENIERÍA Journal is funded by Universidad Distrital Francisco José de Caldas, its School of Engineering and its Central Research Office.