Formats and Guidelines for Reviewers
Guidelines for authors
INGENIERÍA journal is a scientific publication with a periodicity published every four months by Universidad Distrital Francisco José de Caldas. Its main goal is to disseminate and discuss advances in research and development in the different areas of engineering through the publication of original unpublished papers.
The intended audience of the journal is the academic community, researchers, graduates, productive sectors and in general the public interested in all engineering disciplines.
Submitted papers are double-blind peer-reviewed by at least two experts in the field, before being qualified as a candidate to be published. The Editorial Board grounds its acceptance decision on the basis of the recommendations given by the experts and the fulfillment of the editorial polices of the journal. All papers submitted to INGENIERÍA jorunal must be unpublished and not submitted to publication to other journal, although papers previously published in conference proceedings may be considered if substantial extensions are included.
TYPES OF PAPERS
Papers published in INGENIERIA Journal are classified according to the nature of the new knowledge it reports, as follows:
- Scientific and technological research manuscript: Document that presents, in a detailed manner, the original results of research projects. The generally used structure contains four main parts: introduction, methodology, results and conclusions. These are papers that address a question about a theoretical or applied disciplinary aspect, usually through a scientific study of the behavior of a phenomenon or a situation under certain control conditions.
- Reflection manuscript: document that presents research results from an analytic, interpretative or critic perspective from the author, dealing with a specific topic and adopting original sources.
- Review manuscript: document that results from a research where the results of published or unpublished research on a science or technology field are analyzed, systematized and integrated, in order to state the advances and tendencies in development. It is characterized for presenting a careful bibliographical review of at least 50 references These are papers that present critical, systematic, delimited and exhaustive analyzes on the progress, trends, positive and negative results, gaps and future research routes found in the current state of the art or technique.
- Editorials, Letters to the Editor, Guest manuscript: These are the only contributions that do not report new knowledge, but discuss topics of interest for the Journal, for its editorial line or for its community, with an informed opinion style.
PROCEDURE FOR THE SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
Authors should submit to the Editor the following documents using our Open Journal System (OJS) platform:
- Cover letter and originality statement: a template can be downloaded from: PDF Format, Word Format.
- The manuscript formatted according to the template and style of the instructions to authors: PDF Format, Word Format, Latex Format.
- (Optional) Suggestions of two candidate experts for peer review, complying with:
- Must have a PhD. Degree preferably or Master Degree
- Must belong to an institution other than the authors’
- Have publications in recognized journals in the last two years
- If accepted for publication, the authors must agree with and submit a copyright form that transfers rights for publication. This form can be downloaded from: PDF Format, Word Format.
Here authors can find a checklist with the requirements during the submission process. Checklist
- Recommended paper length is ten (10) pages. If authors require more pages, they should inform the Editor in advance during the submission process.
- The result of the review process and the reviewer’s comments would be notified to the authors through the OJS platform and by email to the correspondence author. The result can be “Major correction”, “Minor corrections” or “Rejected”. When corrections are required, authors should resubmit a corrected anonymous manuscript and a companion document explaining the changes made is reply to what comments. Usually, a submitted manuscript would undertake at least two rounds of review.
- When a submission does not meet the conditions defined for the journal, the Editorial Committee may decide not to publish it. In this case, the authors will be notified of the decision within two (2) weeks from the date of submission.
COPYRIGHT AND PUBLISHING COSTS
The articles included from the last edition of the year 2018 forward are covered under the following Creative Commons license:
Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share the same: this license allows others to distribute, remix, retouch, and create from your work in a non-commercial way, as long as they give you credit and license their new creations under the same conditions.
No publication costs are charged to the author or author’s institutions, nor any payment are made to expert peer reviewers or associated or adjunct editors. INGENIERÍA Journal is funded by Universidad Distrital Francisco José de Caldas, its School of Engineering and its Central Research Office.
* It is possible to view the instructions given in: Instructions for Authors